Viva Naturals Organic Maca Powder, Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 8oz Bag
- Buy New: $8.99 (On sale from $17.98)
as of 1/23/2018 09:45 UTC details
- You Save: $8.99 (50%)
- Seller:Viva Naturals
- Sales Rank:2,276
- Size:8 oz
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):4.8 x 3.6 x 0.8
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Enhanced Bioavailability - Viva Naturals' maca powder is gelatinized in order to improve the absorption of this renowned root. Gelatinization ensures indigestible starch is removed by applying low heat to raw maca roots, resulting in a highly absorbable powder that eliminates any digestive discomfort.
- Adaptogenic Qualities - maca has been shown to help support healthy hormone levels, enhance vitality and sustain energy levels, naturally. We recommend using 1 teaspoon per day for feelings of tranquility and relaxation.
- Promotes Radiant Complexion and Glowing Skin - gelatinized maca is a nutritious source of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and plant sterols offering a wide range of benefits, particularly helping to improve the look and feel of skin.
- Impeccable Versatility - maca can be used to enhance a variety of recipes including smoothies, baked goods as well as savory items. This delectable superfood will enhance the taste and flavor of any modern-day recipe, while increasing the nutritional value of your meals.
- Viva Naturals Gelatinized Maca is certified organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Try maca today and experience the full benefits of this Peruvian wonder.
The History of Maca
Maca root was first harvested during the pre-Incan times and historically been recognized as a "miracle food". It is a tuber, much like the potato, offering a nutrition profile of sterols, amino acids and essential vitamins and minerals. For thousands of years, the Peruvians and Incas used maca root for its healing and nourishing powers. Today, maca powder is one of the world's most popular and nutrient-rich superfoods.
Raw vs. Gelatinized Maca
Maca exists in two forms, both raw and gelatinized. Due to the density of the root, consuming maca in its raw state has been associated with digestive discomfort and consequently, gelatinization has shown to offer more favourable outcomes. In Peru, maca is always cooked (gelatinized), removing unwanted starch and making the root easier to digest. Gelatinization assures that the final product bears the same unique properties of the maca consumed traditionally by the Incas, preserving the nutritional integrity of maca and producing a highly concentrated product as compared to raw maca.
The Viva Naturals Difference
Grown in the rich soils of the Andes Mountains of Peru, harsh temperatures and extreme sunlight produce roots of exceptional nutritional substance and health-promoting properties. Viva Naturals carefully harvests fully matured and developed roots when foliage is at its brightest yellow. The roots are then slowly dried and gently milled at low temperatures into fine, rich-tasting powder. A process known as "gelatinization" breaks down starch molecules, thereby easing digestion and enhancing overall nutrient content and bioavailability.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Powered by WN.com