The Ketogenic diet has taken the health and fitness industry by storm in recent times. With its low carbohydrate and high protein intake, many are claiming it to be one of the best ways to lose weight and get healthy. But, what does a keto diet meal plan actually entail?
We have mentioned some of the best and easily accessible food items for you to have during the keto diet, that is only acceptable to the terms of the diet but also are healthy and provide plenty of nutrients.
Foods to Eat
High Protein foods are welcome in this diet, along with fat. While it may not be considered a balanced meal by many people, the diet is said to have worked in helping weight loss, and reducing chances of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and even epilepsy.
- Eggs – One of the healthiest food items, and rich in both proteins and fats, eggs are easily the most beneficial food items to add to your meal plan.
Meat, Poultry and Seafood
- Coconut Oil – One of the most saturated fat dense foods that you can consume, coconut oil actually helps promote abdominal fat and keep blood lipids under control.
- High Fat Dairy (Cheese, Butter and Cream)
- Dark Chocolate – Who says you can’t have a sweet treat when on a diet? Dark chocolate helps reduce blood pressure, and moderate amounts can be consumed when on the keto diet without going off ketosis.
Foods to Avoid
Carbohydrates, without a doubt, are not allowed to be consumed on a keto diet. Sugar or sweeteners of any kind, like juices or sugar sweet,s are also not acceptable. Also processed food or fried food like chips, or nuggets or wafers are also to be avoided when on the ketogenic diet.
- Processed meat – They often contain preservatives and flavourings that will defeat the purpose of the diet and should be strictly avoided.
- Pork rinds – Completely addictive, these snacks along with countless others have added sugars and starches that cannot be eaten on a keto diet.
- Sugar or sweet snacks